Utah BCI Concealed Carry permit course, $25 – $40 per person.
Here at BDS it is our goal to make sure that everyone who wants to obtain a concealed carry permit can do so. To that end we are offering these courses for even a single person (no groups required), but if you’d like to join a group or put a group together we’ll give you a break on the pricing.
You can get a Utah concealed carry permit class from 100’s of different people, so here’s what we offer to our clients and why 90% of our clients come from referrals:
- Instructors with over ten years experience
- Instructors with Law Enforcement experience
- FREE recurrent training – Pay once, come back any time for free
- Advanced classes to go beyond what the permit requires
- Competitive pricing, a flat $30 per person
- Classes available nearly all hours of the day and six days per week. (Plan for 4 hours class time)
- Women-only classes available (link to Women on Target site)
- We provide you with fingerprints
- Add another State permit for $10 each (ask for details)
- Located in Clearfield, UT – Available for travel to any location (contact us for details)
See below for Utah Permit FAQ…
For an Utah, Idaho, Florida, Arizona or other state Permit, contact us today:
208-391-5006, Main Office
208-371-3819, Chief Instructor, Cell (text ok)
801-719-3852, Chief Instructor, Home
Are you UNDER 21? Are you 18, 19 or 20 and need a concealed carry permit? We can help you get it! Email us for details.
Utah Permit FAQ
Where to Apply:
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84129
Applications will be accepted through the mail or in person, from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm at the above location.
What Will it Cost to Apply?
A non-refundable fee of $39.00 for Utah residents or $49.00 for non-residents must be included with your application. This fee consists of $24.25 for Utah residents or $34.25 for non-residents for application and permit processing and $14.75 charged by the FBI to process your fingerprint cards. Please make checks and money orders payable to the “Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification.”
Who is Eligible?
*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed carry permit in Utah are:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Proof of good character…whereas the applicant;
- has not been convicted of a felony;
- has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol;
- has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
- has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
- has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
- is qualified to purchase and possess a firearm pursuant to Section 76-10-503 and federal law
*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants.
What Must Accompany the Application?
- A Photocopy of your Driver License
- Photograph. One recent color photograph of passport quality.
- Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. You are considered a resident of whichever state issued your ID. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.
- Fingerprint Card. One fingerprint card. Must be filled out completely. Writing and prints must be legible. Fingerprint should be taken by a trained fingerprint technician. Fingerprint cards that are not legible will be returned to the applicant and will cause a delay in processing the application.
- Weapon Familiarity Certification. Applicants must complete a firearms familiarity course certified by BCI. No exceptions. The course must be completed before you apply for a permit. Please have your instructor complete the certification information on the application.
- You may download an application here.
Concealed carry permits